1. Eating, drinking and smoking is not permitted in our cars under any circumstances.
2. Rates are based on the route chosen by us. This will normally be the shortest or quickest route. We are happy to use a route of your preference but this must be advised before travel. Extra charges will apply if your route involves extra distance, time or costs i.e. tolls, Congestion charges etc.
3. We do not accept bookings that involve hen nights, stag nights, pubs or nightclubs.
4. We reserve the right to refuse to carry any person that we consider is likely to be ill in the car or who may behave in a way that endangers the occupants of the car and/or the car itself. In these circumstances no refund will be made. Should the vehicle require cleaning or valeting due to illness for any reason an immediate charge of £100 cash will apply.
5. We accept no responsibility for loss or damage to luggage or personal possessions whilst in the vehicle however such loss or damage may be caused. Passengers are responsible for the loading and unloading of their belongings. Our drivers are helpful and will assist with heavy items.
6. Any damage caused to any part of our vehicle by the passenger(s) will be charged accordingly.
7. We reserve the right not to carry any passenger(s) should the passenger(s) have excessive luggage that would result in the vehicle being overloaded and unsafe on the road. No refunds will be made in these circumstances.
8. Children and babies must use an appropriate seat. We do not permit them to travel as ‘babes in arms’ i.e. being held by an adult on their knee. If you prefer to use your own child/baby seat we can look after it safely ready for your return.
9. We are happy to stop for comfort breaks of 10 mins or less. Longer stops, such as for meals, will be charged extra at our waiting time rate. If advised at time of booking, this service will be included in the agreed rate.
10. In the event of very bad weather we reserve the right to cancel without penalty if advised against travelling by authorities such as the Highways Agency or if we consider it unlikely that we will be able to complete your journey safely. In these instances a full refund, less any credit card charges, will be made but no further compensation is due.
11. Executive Cars Derby Ltd reserves the right to provide alternative vehicle(s) to carry out the hire in case of vehicle breakdown or other unforeseen problems arising, such as delayed flight returns, although every effort will be made to provide an equally suitable vehicle Executive Cars Derby Ltd reserves the right to sub-contract other vehicles where required. We will ensure they are vetted and meet our own high standards where possible.
12. The hirer is responsible for the passengers. Passengers failing to return on time may be left behind, passengers effected by drunkenness or drugs may be refused permission to travel for the safety of the vehicle, other passengers and the drivers decision is final. No refund will be available in these cases.
13. Drivers are NOT able to take bookings. All future bookings should be made directly with Executive Cars Derby Ltd on their booking number. Executive Cars Derby Ltd will accept no responsibility or liability for bookings made with a driver, and passengers may not be insured.
14. Wedding car bookings, Executive Cars Derby Ltd will make every effort to keep vehicles clean, but during wet days and travel on country side roads we are not always able to maintain the cleanliness of the exterior due to spray and mud and will not accept liability for marks/stains/dirt on clothing or wedding dresses. We may require time to clean the entrance/exit where possible.
Booking policy: Wherever possible, we require at least 24 hours’ notice for a booking. At short notice please phone us for availability. We will try to help wherever we can. Where there is less urgency e-mail and text can also be used. An enquiry does not constitute a booking until confirmed by ourselves.
Contact: wherever possible we will advise the name and contact number of your driver. Many of our clients contact our drivers from their departure airports, usually by text, to advise whether their flight is on time or not and this is greatly appreciated. We will also require your mobile phone number on or before your departure or when a booking is confirmed.
Complaints: In the very unlikely event of a problem, complaint or dissatisfaction with our service, it is essential that you inform the driver immediately. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please notify our office in writing no later than 5 working days after your planned journey.
If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 48 hours from the start of the period of hire, 25% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 24 hours from the start of the period of hire, 50% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
If a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 12 hours from the start of the period of hire, 100% of all monies paid will be non-refundable.
If the customer does not appear at the time and place designated as the pickup point, all monies paid will be non-refundable or clent will be invoiced for full cost of booked travel.
We reserve the right to amend, change, delete or add to these terms and conditions whenever we deem it necessary.
All monies are due 7 days before the date of your booking unless the travel is on account or agreed otherwise.
Payment may be made by cash, Bacs, credit / debit card or cheque (made payable to Executive Cars Derby Ltd).
Details of how to pay will be forwarded via invoice with confirmation of booking. All quoted prices include VAT at 20%.
A minimum fare of £35.00 applies for any single journey in the Mercedes E Class and £40.00 in our Mercedes S Class or Viano.
If you book our Mercedes S Class Chauffeur service we offer complimentary Meet and Greet Service and waiting time and parking charges for the first hour after your flight has landed is included in the initial charge.
For our standard Airport Transfer service (E Class or V Class) Meet and Greet and Parking is £10 extra unless agreed beforehand. We offer a call and collect service whereby it is your responsibility to call your driver when you have collected your luggage and meet at the agreed meeting point. This service is included in the original hire price.
There is no extra charge for delayed flights, though the above charges will still be in place after your flight has landed.
Extras such as Toll Roads, London Congestion Charge et cetera will be charged at cost price unless agreed beforehand.
As an executive car company we do not run a metered taxi service.
Without prejudice to the Company’s rights hereunder all monies due to the company in respect of provision of the Services which are not paid by the due date for payment shall bear interest on the balance of such monies due from time to time at the rate of 3% per month until payment is received by the Company in respect thereof.
It is a condition of this agreement that any invoices shall be paid in full within 30 days of issue thereof. If any invoices remain unpaid within 30 days such outstanding invoices shall immediately become due and payable.
Waiting time charges:
Chauffeured cars £20 per hour or £5 per 15 minutes (or any part 15 minute period).
Chauffeured minibuses £30 per hour or £7.50 per 15 minutes (or any part 15 minute period).
All airport transfers consist of a Meet and Greet service in which 60 minutes of waiting time after your flight has landed (or was expected to land) is included for free.
Passengers failing to show up at airport arrivals 1.5 hours after flight lands will be charged for airport transfer and parking costs if they do not inform us of delays at customs/immigration by phone, we may also leave after this time period for our other travel. Passengers should notify us if they did not board a flight at the earliest opportunity. This could save you money.
We accept no liability for missed flights, trains & buses for delays caused by road accidents, flooding or weather conditions, theft, congestion, terrorist attacks or acts of God. Customers should allow additional time for airport transfers outbound, to cover for unexpected delays which may make you late for onward travel. Every effort will be made by Executive Cars Derby Ltd and its drivers to get passengers to their destination on time or early, passengers should check pickup times and enquire about any known delays to ensure they leave with enough time to complete the journey ahead and arrive on schedule.